Last updated on 2 August 2018
Personal information we collect
Information you provide
We collect or request your personal information whenever you:
- Contact us by email, phone, post or any other means;
- Request a price quote or information;
- Buy a product or service;
- Create or manage your account;
- Register or activate a device (like a payment terminal);
- Sign up for our newsletters;
- Participate in surveys, contests or other promotional activities.
The type of personal information that we may request will usually be obvious to you when you are providing it. This personal information could include:
- Your name;
- Your contact information (like your street address, email address and telephone number);
- Your professional information (like your job title);
- Your identification information (like your username);
- Your financial data (like your credit or payment card number, bank account number and billing address).
Information we collect automatically
In addition to the personal information you provide to us, our web servers automatically collect the domain names of all visitors to our website, and we also use third-party web analytics services which may collect information such as your IP address, the type of device you are using, your device’s ID and other technical information by means of cookies and other similar tracking technologies. In some countries, including within the European Economic Area, certain information may be considered to be personal data under the applicable data protection laws.
Collecting information gives us a better understanding of the visitors who come to our website, where they came from and the site content which interests them. We use that information for internal analysis and to improve our website’s quality and relevance to our visitors. Some information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
Information we collect from third parties
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third-party sources (including retailers, distributors and other third parties that sell our products), but only if those third parties are allowed or required by law to disclose your personal information to us. The types of information we may collect from third parties include contact information, billing data and shipping details. We use the information we receive from those third parties to supply the requested product(s).
Legal basis for processing personal data
For the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal information in question and on the specific purposes for which we are collecting and requesting it.
That being said, we only collect personal information from you in one of the following instances:
- You have given your consent;
- We need your personal information to provide a service or execute a contract or agreement concluded with you; or
- Its processing is in our legitimate interest and is not supplanted by your data protection interests or by your fundamental rights and freedoms.
In some cases, we may be bound by law to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If you have any questions or require further information about the legal basis upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Information we share
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Our third-party service providers, including transport service providers, retailers and distributors, and sales agencies;
- Any competent law enforcement organization, regulatory or government agency, court or other third party to whom we believe it is necessary to disclose the personal information (i) under current laws or regulations, (ii) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of another person;
- Any other person to whom you have authorized us to disclose your information.
We store the personal information we collect from you when we have a legitimate ongoing business need to do so (for example, to supply a product to you).
If we have no legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will delete it or anonymize it or, if that is not possible (for example, because your personal information is stored in archived backups), then we will store your personal information securely and will isolate it from any further processing, until such time as it can be deleted.
Your rights and options
To the extent allowed by the applicable law for your jurisdiction, you may have the right to:
- Access certain of your personal information that we have in our possession and obtain a copy of that information;
- Update or correct any inaccuracies in that information;
- Challenge our use of your personal information;
- Block or delete your personal information from our database;
- Challenge the processing of your personal information;
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information;
- Request the transferability of your personal information.
You also have the right to refuse to receive the marketing communications we send you, at any time. You can exercise that right by clicking on the unsubscribe links in the marketing emails we send you.
Likewise, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the legality of any processing we performed prior to that withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information performed on a legal basis other than consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority concerning the way we collect and use your personal information. For more information, please contact your data protection authority.
To exercise these rights, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will handle your request in accordance with current data protection laws. To protect your privacy and maintain data security, we may take measures to verify your identity before granting you access to your information.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to third-party sites. We are not responsible for the contents or privacy practices employed by other websites.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to and processed in countries other than your country of residence. Those countries’ data protection laws may differ from the laws in effect in your country (and in some cases may not offer as much protection).
- The European Commission’s adequacy decisions recognizing that countries outside the EEA have national laws that protect personal information according to standards which are substantially similar to the ones required by EU law;
- The European Commission’s standard contractual clauses which require recipients of personal information located outside the EEA to continue to protect the personal information they receive in accordance with the standards required by EU law;
- Other legal data transfer mechanisms or legal dispensations from restrictions on data transfers.
More information is available on request.
Changes and contact
How to configure your browsers to block cookies?
You can configure your browser to either install cookies on your terminal or reject them.
Rejecting or deleting cookies could affect a number of functionalities which are necessary for optimal navigation on our website. Agro’Novae declines all responsibility in the event of the downgraded performance of the website as a result of rejecting or deleting cookies.
Below are some links to information pages about how to configure your browser:
Once you have saved your preferences, we will only use the cookies authorized by your rules in read or write mode. Please note that we use a cookie to store your cookie preferences, which means that, if you delete all your cookies or if you use a different device, profile or browser, you will need to redefine your preferences.
More information is available on the CNIL website.